TORONTO, ON – The National Hockey League Alumni Association (NHLAA) announced today, February 1, 2024, that the 1967 Stanley Cup […]
What information do we collect?
We use a variety of technical methods for tracking purposes, including web beacons. Web beacons are small pieces of data that are embedded in images on the pages of a website. We also use these technical methods to analyze the traffic patterns on our website, such as the frequency with which our users visit various parts of our website. These technical methods may involve the transmission of information either directly to us or to another party authorized by us to collect information on our behalf. We also use these technical methods in HTML e-mails that we send our guests to determine whether our guests have opened those e-mails and/or clicked on links in those e-mails. The information from the use of these technical methods may be collected in a form that is personally identifiable.
What do we use your information for?
Your personal information will only be used or disclosed for the purpose for which it was collected, unless you have otherwise consented, or when it is required or permitted by law. The information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience – your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our website, your information helps us to continually evaluate and improve our website offerings.
- To improve customer service – your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests, inquiries, comments and support needs.
- To process transactions – your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested by you.
- To send periodic emails – the email address you provide for order processing will only be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order or request. If you decide to opt-in to our mailing list, you will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey, or other site feature.
- For any other purpose for which we have your consent.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
We will only retain your personal information for the period of time required to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected.
Do we disclose any personal information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personal information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety. Non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
What safeguards do we have in place to protect your personal information?
We will protect the personal information we collect with security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
Access to your information is restricted to authorized employees who have a legitimate business purpose for accessing it. Unauthorized access to or disclosure of user information by our employees is prohibited.
These security measures include: password-protected directories and databases to safeguard your information, SSL (Secure Sockets Layered) technology to ensure that your information is fully encrypted and sent across the Internet securely or PCI Scanning to actively protect our servers from hackers and other vulnerabilities.
We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via SSL technology and then encrypted into our payment gateway provider’s database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, who are required to keep the information confidential.
After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social insurance numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
Can you access your personal information?
At your request, we will inform you of the existence, use and disclosure of your personal information, as well as give you access to the information. You have the right to challenge the accuracy and completeness of your information, to amend and/or delete it as necessary and to request a copy of the information we possess, subject to exceptions permitted or required by applicable law. Access requests should be sent to us using the contact information below.
We will strive to keep the information entrusted to us in an accurate manner. We will only update information in the event of a registration and/or an update.
This policy was last modified on June 19, 2023.
How to contact us?
NHL Alumni Association
400 Kipling Avenue, Etobicoke, ON, M8V 3L1 | firstname.lastname@example.org | (416) 798 – 2586
Latest News Posts
Hyundai announces Canada-exclusive, NHL Edition for the all-new 2024 Santa Fe January 18 2024 MONTRÉAL, QC (January 18th, 2024) – […]
UPPER DECK AND NHL ALUMNI ASSOCIATION AGREE TO LONG-TERM TRADING CARD LICENSE EXTENSION JANUARY 17, 2024 Rights expanded to include […]